Holiday swimming lessons are a fantastic way for your child to boost their swimming skills.
A swimming lessons holiday program allows your child to improve on the skills they've gained from their weekly swimming lessons. It's also a wonderful way to get back into swimming lessons if you've had some time away.
Lessons will cover all elements of stroke progression, water safety and personal survival, as well as encouraging improvement and confidence – all while making sure your child has lots of fun!
The intensive swimming lessons program will run over the school holidays. Students will be placed into age and skill appropriate classes for the program. The focus is on progression with lots of encouragement along the way. Swimming holiday programs are open to all (not limited to students already enrolled in swimming lessons).
We are now open for bookings for our upcoming swimming holiday program – to book, please visit our client portal.
Dates and times
Lessons will run for 30 minutes between 12:00pm and 3:00pm on Monday 18 July through to Friday 22 September 2023.
How to book holiday swimming lessons
You can book your child's place using our online customer portal. If you need assistance, please see our online guides. You can also contact us or speak to one of our friendly staff when you're next in centre.
Frequently asked questions
Will regular swimming lessons continue during the school holidays?
Yes, our regular 48 week swim lesson program will continue as normal throughout the school holiday period.
Our last lessons for 2023 will occur on Sunday 17 December, so lessons will continue through both the June / July and September / October school holidays.
Is my child eligible for a free swimming holiday program?
If you have held a continuous swim lesson membership for the past 12 months, your child may be eligible for a free swimming holiday program.
Every swim lesson student is eligible for one free swimming holiday program every 12 month period.
To check your eligibility, please book via the client portal. If eligible, you will receive a credit applied to your swim lesson account.
Will I get a make-up lesson if my child can no longer attend?
If you are unavailable during the school holiday period, please ensure you cancel your child's attendance via the client portal at least two hours prior to the lesson start time to be eligible for a make-up lesson.
Each student can have up to eight make-up lessons per 12 months and they must be used within 90 days.
Watch Around Water policy information
YMCA Victoria is a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines that outline the minimum supervision requirements of young children at aquatic venues.
We have followed the Watch Around Policy (outlined below) in our centre since 1 September 2019.
Children under five years old
- All children must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 17 and be supervised within arms’ reach at all times in the water.
- All children must wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
- Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times.
- Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under five years exceeds the ratio of 1:2.
Children under 10 years old
- All children under the age of 10 must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 17.
- All children must be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices
- such as mobile phones).
- All children must wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
- Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
- All children under the age of 10 must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 17 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
- All birthday party participants must wear a blue wristband and an age-based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party.
- The adult guardian of the birthday party child must remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
- At the conclusion of the birthday party, children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
For more information visit the Watch Around Water website.