From aqua water workouts, cardio workouts, cycling sessions and dance classes to pilates and yoga classes – there's something for everyone! We have classes for all ages and fitness levels across Active Merri-bek, including classes for seniors and single genders.
Bookings are now via our new online customer portal, which you can access using the timetable below. Members will have automatically had an account created for them and you should have received an email on how reset your password – please do not create a new duplicate online account.
Class sizes are limited, so bookings are recommended to avoid dissapointment.
If you are attending group fitness classes, ensure you are booked and your attendance is recorded. This helps us keep track of attendance and reporting on these classes.
To view the timetable of your relevant centre, please select the 'Change club' button below.
How to book your group fitness class
- Login to your online account using your email address and password.
- You will automatically be directed to the 'Group Fitness' timetable which is located under 'Book'.
- Use the filter to select your service of interest.
- Select 'Book'.
- Select 'Book now'.
- Accounts with multiple payment plans will be prompted to select which individual they wish to register.
- Make Payment (casuals only)
- Pay for a single session via credit/debit card.
- Enter your credit/debit card details.
- Make payment.
- You will receive an email confirming your booking.
How to manage your group fitness booking (cancel booking)
- Use your email and password.
- Cancel booking
- Navigate to 'My Bookings'.
- Select 'Cancel Booking'.
Bookings open 7 days in advance.
Casuals / multi-visits: Cancellations made no later than 30 minutes before your booking will result in a product return being added to your online customer account. Bookings cannot be cancelled after your booking or less than 30 minutes prior and are not allocated a credit.
Three 'no-shows' to a booked class in a seven day period may result in a seven day exclusion from booking online. Please note this exclusion refers to online bookings only. You will still be able to book and attend in centre during this online booking exclusion period.
- Must be 16 years of age and over (unless an Active Youth member).
- Bring a towel and drink bottle.
- Wear appropriate gym attire / swimming costume and goggles that you can move freely in.
- Arrive at the scheduled class time. Arrivals later than five minutes will not be permitted to enter the class.
- We recommend you check with your doctor before starting any group fitness classes.
- Please inform your instructor prior to the class beginning if you are pregnant, have any injuries or medical conditions.
Classes under review
We regularly review class attendance at our Active Merri-bek centres. If a class has low attendance, we may put this class under review. This means that the class could be removed from the timetable if attendance does not increase.
Any classes that are under review will have a red sticker next to them on the group fitness timetable (in centre). If you notice this flag and would like us to continue running the class, we encourage you to come along to the session.
If you are attending group fitness classes, don't forget to scan in via our group fitness kiosk or with our reception staff. This helps us keep track of attendance and reporting on these classes.
As always, if you have any questions about this or anything else, please speak to our friendly customer service staff.