Whether you're looking for school swimming and water safety lessons, a fun event for your students, or have something else in mind – we've got you covered.
Our range of programs are suitable for preschool, primary and secondary schools across all ages and levels.
Your students will be able to develop their swimming skills, learn about water safety and have fun in the water. We can even tailor our swimming lessons and programs to meet your school's needs.
Find out more about our swimming lessons and programs below.
Swimming lessons with the Y
Students will learn vital swimming skills, develop their swimming strokes and gain knowledge and understanding of different aquatic situations. Students will also take part in water safety education and open water scenarios, learning important survival skills.
Our program is aligned to the National Swimming and Water Safety Framework, which ensures that students work towards national benchmarks. We can deliver the program across your chosen number of sessions (we recommend at least five).
We'll also award the Victorian Water Safety Certificate to any student who achieves the required competencies.
- Sessions are available between 9:00am and 1:00pm, with a maximum of five 45 minute sessions a day.
- Heated 50 metre pool and splash pad available year round.
- Indoor 20 metre pool.
- Water play pool with slide.
- Open air change spaces.
- Meeting room, half basketball court, group fitness and spin studios.
Coburg Leisure Centre
- Sessions are available between 10:45am and 2:45pm, with a maximum of five 45 minute sessions a day.
- Unfortunately, we cannot cater for grade prep / foundation / year one students in the 10:45am session due to shallow water space availability.
- Family change rooms (closed to the public for exclusive school use between 11:45am and 2:45pm).
- Bus parking at the centre entrance for easy entry.
- Bather spinners for drying swimwear.
- Meeting rooms and studios for additional activities.
Water safety incursions
We can come to you and provide classroom presentations and activities relating to swimming, water safety and personal survival. Our interactive and engaging activities are suitable for students of all ages and can be a great addition to your in-pool programs with us.
We also have inflatable equipment at Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Coburg Olympic Swimming Pool – great for an end of year celebration!
Water safety day
Learn personal survival and water safety skills. Activities can include aquatic rescues suited to age and ability, beach and waterways education, clothed swim and lifejacket experience.
We also offer the following programs:
- aquatic adventure / inflatable day;
- swimming time trials;
- before school swimming (Brunswick Baths and seasonal outdoor pools);
- fitness classes and gym training.
To find out more about our programs or make a booking, please contact us.
We're committed to providing access to all students
We're committed to providing every student with equal opportunity to participate in our programs and can support students with medical conditions and special needs.